TRBR is seeking to recruit an Engineering Officer to assist its Telecom, Radio and broadcasting Engineers and Manager responsible with technically focused responsibilities on Telecommunications/ICT regulatory issues. The role focuses on Technical Interconnection, Network Coverage, Telephone Numbering, Spectrum Management, Radio Licensing and Quality of Service, matters related to telecommunications infrastructure, Type approved equipment coming into Vanuatu as well as assisting with internet technical management and governance.
Particular responsibilities include assisting TRBR’s Senior Engineer, Manager responsible and required TRBR staff on:
- Consultation with Service Providers and other required stakeholders on technical telecommunications & radiocommunications issues;
- Frequency planning , Allocation, administration, assessing market needs;
- Spectrum Management: Strategies for planning & managing spectrum for services, audits, monitoring & interference;
- Providing technical support & advice for Radio licensing, liaising with telecommunications equipment vendors, assessing equipment compliance to approved standards;
- Spectrum Management including strategies for planning and managing spectrum for next generation networks (NGN) and Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless mobile communications;
- Performing spectrum audits, monitoring of interference and ensuring compliance as and when needed;
- Engineering aspects of interconnection, infrastructure sharing, monitoring of Quality of Service;
- Telephone numbering: National Numbering Plan, maintaining numbering records, coordinating with the ITU on international numbering systems;
- Technical implementation of Universal Access Policy Projects;
- Assistance on Technical Coverage Auditing;
- Maintaining a telecom GIS database for Vanuatu;
- Providing technical support and recommendations for Radio licensing;
- Monitor and resolve interference issues and complaints filed to TRBR for mediation;
- Liaising with telecommunications equipment vendors for introducing new equipment in the market, assessing equipment compliance to approved standards and award approvals;
- Performing regular audits and ensuring compliance on imported telecommunications equipment;
- Monitoring and Auditing of Quality of Service standards for telecommunications services across Vanuatu;
- Telephone numbering issues including TRBR’s National Numbering Plan, and maintaining the records of the numbering system administered by TRBR including coordinating with ITU on international numbering systems;
- Other duties as requested and required by the Regulator and other line Managers.
Your application must be marked “Confidential” and addressed to The Telecommunications, Radiocommunications and Broadcasting Regulator, PO Box 3547, PORT VILA and/or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.00pm on 05 December, 2019. For further information, please contact Leonita Silas on Tel: 27621.
Click below file for details on Required Experiences and Qualifications.