This report aims to provide the TRBR’s evidence-based advice on the regulatory treatment of different aspects of Over-The-Top (OTT) application. The consultation and assessment leading to this report focused only on regulatory issues and economic concerns relating to OTT services as services providers also takes these concerns into account.
The key priorities areas that require considerable attention by the Regulator is to weigh the benefits and cost of actions through analysis and assessment that evaluates the potential impact of:
- The growth and demand trend of the service and product in the market.
- Consider the digital transformation in the market, how it enhances the current need of consumers.
- Growth of data service that is currently dominating the mobile market.
- Potential impacts on Service Providers revenue whether it is imposing additional cost of the Service Provider.
- Eventuality of impact that it may cause to the regulatory environment.