TRBR is seeking a Regulatory Enforcement Officer to proactively assist with a range of Technical, Market Monitoring, Competition and Consumer Affairs issues as required in accordance with the Telecommunications, Radiocommunications and Broadcasting Regulation Act No. 30 of 2009 (the Act) as amended. The role includes:
- Taking the lead on and ensuring compliance on License and Telecommunications Act obligations through regular monitoring and enforcement in the Northern Region.
- Take the leading role in enforcement of license and legislative provisions in the Northern Region.
- High level, proactive support, and assistance with all competition legal issues.
- Take a leading role in providing legal support and advice on the consumer issues, including disputes and dispute resolution in the Northern Region.
- Assist in coordinating and responding, in a timely manner, to telecom and broadcasting/media complaints from consumers and provide appropriate guidance to the Complainant for resolution of the
- Understand, conduct analysis, report on, and monitor industry compliance with the guidelines (Market and Competition Guideline, Consumer guideline, Advertising Guideline).
- Assist the Internet Governance Officer in issues related to Internet Governance matters, Cybercrime, and other Issues related to key elements of Internet governance to foster the sustainability, robustness, security, stability, and development of the Internet in Vanuatu.
- Representing TRBR and interfacing with appropriate intergovernmental organizations, international bodies and other institutions on consumer matters as required and deemed necessary.
- Support and assist with the Type Approval activities and other related functions.
- Assist on Technical matter relating to convergence.
- Assist with Engineering aspects of Interconnection, Infrastructure sharing, and the monitoring of Quality of Service (QoS).
- Assist with the Technical Implementation of Universal Access Policy (UAP).
- Support other UAP related projects and activities as directed by and required by the Manager and the Regulator.
- Assist with Spectrum Management and other Radio Licensing matters required.
- Provide Technical and other general support to all other units when required.
- Assist in Monitoring the broadcasting and media market, including content, conduct analysis and develop and report on Vanuatu’s broadcasting, media, and content statistics.
- Any other duties requested and/or required by the Regulator and other line Managers.
Required Experience and Qualifications
The Officer in this role must have the following or a combination of qualifications and experience:
- A Degree in a relevant discipline, and 3 or more years of relevant Telecoms and ICT experience; or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- A sound understanding of ICT/telecom’s technologies and, particularly, how they relate to and are used by consumers in Vanuatu.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of telecommunications and ICT issues in the Pacific - and ideally Vanuatu.
- Strong demonstrative experience, knowledge, and skills on consumer protection, enforcement, and compliance perspective.
- A sound demonstrable understanding of telecommunications regulatory and competition law principles.
- A sound demonstrable knowledge and experience in advisory role.
- Sound project coordination and management skills.
- Proven ability to lead communication and PR programs.
- Experience in commercial roles and an understanding of the marketing and communications instruments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. French and Bislama highly desirable.
- Sound computing competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ms Project.
- Some knowledge in financial management.
Required Character attributes
The Officer and this position requires full compliance with at least the following characteristics: Loyalty to and respect for the Office of TRBR, full compliance, and a genuine display of an agreement with TRBR Team Norms and Pledges, TRBR’s Values, Vision and Mission, being proactive and reliable, compliance with directions, demonstrated management and leadership ability, strong interpersonal skills, ethical judgement, accepting responsibility, showing integrity and respect for others, including leaders and the Organization’s culture, self-confidence, advanced communication (written and oral) skills, highly motivated, flexible, team player, problem solving skills, an ability to work under pressure. It is critical that the Officer holding this position has demonstrable responsiveness and on-time delivery skills.
All Applications must be submitted online via link https://www.trbr.vu/en/employment-application by 4.30pm, 13 May 2022. Do not email your application.
For further enquiries please contact TRBR office on 27621 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .